Sunday, September 30, 2007

Precious Moments

Today is Price's 14 month birthday and also my dad's birthday (Happy Birthday Day, DAD!). We went to Camden after church to have lunch with my dad's family to celebrate and then we drove to Chapin to see my Oma! We stayed pretty busy all day so there wasn't much time for Price to get a nap in. (Normally I don't do this because it causes meltdowns for absolutely no reason but today we had no choice!) Anyway, needless to say that when we finally got home he could barely hold his head up. After I bathed him, I decided to see if he would let me rock him to sleep. (Those are the precious moments in life that I miss because he is way too busy to let me hold him for any period of time anymore!) As soon as I sat down he put his arms around my neck and squeezed and rested his head on my chest. He played with my hair and clothes for a bit before looking up at me, kissing me and putting his head right back down. It was almost like he was thanking me for holding him and rocking him. I immediately teared up because these are the moments that I live for. These precious moments make being a parent the most rewarding job on earth!

While I was sitting there holding him I was thinking of my grandfather....wondering what he would have thought about Price.....wishing he could have met him.

I am so thankful that I had my grandfather in my life for so long and I can only hope to be as influential in Price's life as he was in mine!!

Happy 14 Month Birthday Price!! You are such a BLESSING!!

6 comments:

Cate, Hank, Brady & Owen said...

Aw! That is so sweet! Brady won't let me snuggle him much either anymore. That phase goes by so quickly!

Anonymous said...

I am too emotional to be reading stuff like this. Next time...put up a disclaimer for me :-)

I can't wait for moments like that!

amyop said...

Awwwwwww! You grandad was looking down that very moment with tears in his eyes as well! Too Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Ashley, that is too sweet. Our little boys sure do have a way of pulling our heart strings. I cherish my snuggle moments with Riley, he will be graduating high school the next time I turn around. It was so wonderful hanging out with you at Cate's moms. Have a great week.
Oh- my blog info.
http://web.mac.com/foreverpalmettobound
username: rileycooper
password: savannah
enjoy! (Laura)

Leslie Spradley said...

VERY SWEET! I live for those moments too, since they are so few and far between with Trent. Now, Emma on the other hand, will let me snuggle any or all day!

Anonymous said...

Seeing these kind of posts reminds me of just how technology truly is undeniably integral to our lives in this day and age, and I think it is safe to say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.

I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as memory gets cheaper, the possibility of uploading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could experience in my lifetime.

(Submitted by Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4i[/url] NePof)