Monday, January 12, 2009

Prayers Please!

I debated about putting this on my blog since I haven't called anyone (except family) and told them about this, but because I believe in the power of prayer, I decided that I am going to ask for prayers and give it to the Lord instead of worrying. (Which I do a lot!)

Today we went for Owen's 6 month check up and the doctor was concerned about how much his head has grown in the past 3 months. At his 3 month check up, he was in the 98th percentile for head circumference. This time he was off the charts, way off the charts. His growth and development are both on target (and even ahead in some areas) but the doctor said that he wanted Owen to have a CT Scan to make sure he doesn't have Hydrocephalus. He said that 98% of him doesn't think Owen has it because he has no big symptoms (other then the large head), but he didn't want Owen to be that 2% and us not catch it now.
For this procedure, he will have to be sedated.
I am concerned for him being sedated, I am concerned about the radiation a newborn will get from a CT scan and I am worried about the results of the scan.

Please pray for sweet, sweet Owen and for peace for us as we wait on this procedure to get done. I'll update when I know a date for his scan.
Thank you in advance!!

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." ~Peter 5:7

15 comments:

Cate, Hank, Brady & Owen said...

We will pray for little Owen and all of you as well. Let us know about the date!

TeamStutts said...

I'm so sorry Ashley! We will pray for ya'll and sweet Owen for sure!

lindler5 said...

i am stopping to pray for you & your family right now. we love you guys!

Ashley W. said...

Ashley-

I know you are concerned, I am praying for all of you. Let me tell you a friend of mine about 2 years ago went through the same thing. He went for his 6 month and they were very concerned his had grown a great amount, the rushed him over and did a CT and then MRI to check for the same thing. He was fine, he did not have it he just had a large head. I will be thinking of you I know it is hard, keep us updated.....

Anonymous said...

i am praying for that sweet boy now! keep us posted on the results and let me know if you need help with price!

A Little Extra Love said...

Ashley, please call me 678-807-8968 if you want to talk. Riley has had an MRI and CT scan and been sedated twice in his wee 17 months. I would be happy to talk to you and try to ease your worries. Prayers for Owen!

Stacey said...

I have said a prayer for you and your sweet little Owen. You are in my thoughts and I will continue to keep ya'll in my prayers.

Peekaboos and Baby Coo's said...

Thinking about you all. I am so sorry that you are having to do this. Anna was exposed to radiation when she was 13 days old in the hospital and had to have all those tests done. I know that this does not help much but know that you are surrounded with prayers and we will continue praying.

Emily Wallace said...

I prayed for Owen this morning. Keep us updated on when the scan is and how else we can pray for you. Love you and I will call you soon.

Rachel said...

I think big heads run in our family since most of my nieces and nephews have had them. They were all told the same thing at one point (and I was told this about Emery), but all are fine and nothing has ever come of the big head--other than shear genius! Actually, they said Emery's head was not big, but were concerned that it had a significant growth from one check up to another. We had to go back a couple times just to have it measured and all was fine. I will be thinking about you and Owen. I am already preparing myself to be told the same thing about colby since she is pretty much all head--a cute head, but just a big one!!

Rhetta said...

I love you and the Lord will take care of little Owen. Continue in y our faith!

Maria said...

Ashley, I'm saying a prayer right now, and we will continue to bathe your whole family in prayer!

Merritt Pace said...

Ashley,
Steven and I will definitely pray for Owen and for you and Josh. Let us know if there is anything that you need.

Angie said...

You better be glad you told us about this! That's what friends are for! Prayer works and Owen will definitely be in mine. Lots of Love!!!!!

P.S....if it makes you feel better my doctor told me Tyler's head was large too (98th percentile). I told him it was ok b/c his daddy's head was big too, so it got it honest :-) (Hope that made you laugh b/c it's so true!)

Catherine said...

I will definitely be praying for ya'll. I love you guys so much!1 Call me if you need to talk.(even if you don't, so that I can hear your voice)