Monday, January 26, 2009

Owen's PERFECT!!


Owen is PERFECT! He has a perfectly big noggin to hold his perfectly big brain!! :) That's all!


Today was a day where I felt everyones prayers with us all day. God's hand was in everything we did. It was almost like a warm, fuzzy feeling surrounding me today. There was a lot of emotion and anticipation but I was mostly amazed at how many people love and care for us. All the phone calls, text messages, emails.... I was overwhelmemed at how blessed we truly are.


We got to the hospital this morning @ 11am and they took us straight back. They dressed him in a tiny hospital gown and they gave him toys and hooked him up to all these little machines. They had these little probes all over him and a little blood pressure cuff, it was so cute, but so scary!

They went over all the bad things that could happen and made it clear that there was a fine line between too little medication and too much medication and that was making me worry!
The nurses came in to start his IV so they could sedate him and they couldn't get the needle in his little veins. They busted a blood vessel in his foot and then tried on his arms and he was screaming and I was getting upset....but it turned out to be a blessing! He hadn't had his morning nap so I knew he was tired. I asked if we could just get him to sleep, then could they just do the scan without sedation. After checking to make sure that was okay, they said they would try it! I got him to sleep but when I layed him on the CT machine he woke, but didn't move. He just watched and held my hand. HE WAS PERFECT!

Since he didn't end up getting sedated, we were able to go home right after that.

At 7pm tonight Dr. Dodds (who is a fabulous doctor and who I highly recommend) called us to let us know that Owen's head is perfect. There was nothing abnormal about his scan and he just has a big head! Music to my ears!!


PRAISE THE LORD! What an answered prayer! I gave this to him and he took care of it. I promised to trust him and tried hard not to worry and he took it from me and took care of it!


It's so amazing how much you can love your children. I love them so much that my heart aches. With love comes great joy, but also great worry! I am a born worrier. My grandmother worried so much sometimes it drove me insane, but now I understand. I once heard the qoute -


"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body."


It's such a true statement. Having a child means that you worry every single day about them ~ but it's worth every second!


Praise God from whom all BLESSINGS FLOW.....

15 comments:

Cate, Hank, Brady & Owen said...

I am SO happy Owen is ok! Our God is indeed a wonderful God, and I know he was looking out for you today! And how awesome that you didn't have to sedate him!!

DeAnn Tiller said...

Great news! I'm so happy all is well. I can't believe they didn't have to sedate him - that's amazing!

Peekaboos and Baby Coo's said...

So happy for you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! God is good. Your blog just made me cry and I don't even have children. :)

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
So glad to here the wonderful news about Owen. I could not get it off my mind yesterday. Thank God for all his many blessings.

Ashley W. said...

Great news, I have been thinking about you!

Michelle said...

So thrilled that little Owen is going to be a genious with that handsome little head of his! I know that you're relieved to get past the scan and to have this overwhelming peace knowing that your little guy is just fine! Praise God!

A Little Extra Love said...

What great news. I am so happy you didn't have to go through the sedation.

Connie said...

I am so glad Owen is A-ok!

Angie said...

YA! Now Owen and Tyler are both members of the Big Head Club! HA! That just means that they are going to be really smart! I am so glad everything went so well. God is so Good!

Terrie said...

This is great news. I'm so glad that things worked out so well. God is an awesome God and truly listens to our prayers.

Leslie Spradley said...

I'm glad everything turned out okay!! He looked so cute in his little gown!

amyop said...

I am so glad to hear! Yay!

Susan said...

Wonderful news. I am so glad that things went well. All procedures are so scary when they are happening to your child. I am glad that he is fine and know that you are so relieved.

The Newton's said...

Great news! I've been thinking of you all.