Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Elephant Walk

Well, today we drove to Lincoln street at 10:30am this morning in hopes to see the Elephant Walk. That is where the elephants (and horses) walk from the train to the Colonial Center in preparation for the circus. Well, after waiting for about an hour, we were told there was a hold up and the train wouldn't be here until 3 or 4pm. So, I ran a few errand and then put Price down for an early nap so that we could go back in the freezing cold and wait some more. We got there this afternoon about 3:15pm and FINALLY at about 5:30pm we got to see the Elephants and horses get off the train and walk up Lincoln street. In the midst of this process, I dropped my camera and destroyed it while running (yes, running...they tried to switch routes)to see the elephants!! (The things a mom does to get a smile out of her child!) But thanks to my new camcorder I got for Christmas, I did get it all on video. It really was amazing. We were just a few feet away from the elephants and Price stared at them in amazement!! It was definitly worth waiting for even though it was freezing cold! Jennifer and Brice were with us and so hopefully Jennifer will send me some pictures I can share with everyone!! While we were there, Price learned to say the word Elephant except his version sounds like Melo-tant! Close enough... Next year, hopefully Price will be old enough for me to take him to the circus to see the "Melo-tants" instead! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! What a day! I can imagine how frustrating that long day can be...until you see the smile on your little one's face. I hope you get a new camera soon so you can keep updating us on life. I love the circus! I used to go every year when I was little.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I kept getting emails from the Colonial Center yesterday about the postponement of the animal walk. I had no idea what that was all about, Now I do!! hahaha - that sounds like fun, even though it was cold. Sorry about your camera, but thankfully you had the recorder. I'll talk to you soon! ~ Suzanne

Bobbi said...

Oh ashley. Sorry about your camera. It's amazing what you will do for your child =)

Angie said...

And Next year you can invite me and Tyler to tag along at the circus!!! I love melo-tants.

amyop said...

Melotants is really cute! Sounds like you guys had fun minus the camera episode:(