Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Donuts for Dads




Mary Grace and her family came to visit us on Saturday! Price loves "Gace" (as he calls her)!



Today at Preschool they had Donuts for Dads Day. Obviously I wasn't invited because it was for Dads Only, so no pictures of the event, but he did bring home this Krispy Kreme hat. He has really enjoyed wearing it around the house and getting his picture made in it. He keeps saying "CHEESE"! Josh said they had a great time and I thought that was a great idea. I just wonder when Muffins for Moms is coming! :)


Friday I did go to the doctor and I got a great report. The baby is doing great and all the blood clots are gone so things look perfect. I am still measuring almost 2 weeks behind so I was only 15 weeks EXACTLY (according to them) when I went. I asked the doctor to give me a educated guess on the sex of the baby. He said if he HAD to tell me an answer then he would say BOY!


I have to be honest and tell you that wasn't exactly what I was hoping to hear. My heart truly longs for a girl to dress in pink and bows and paint her toes and wear frills......the list goes on....


BUT, I am a Christian and I have prayed every day for so long and I know that the Lords plan is Divine and he knows what is best for our family.
My Bible study group is reading "Calm my Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow. On Wednesday I was reading the book and it was talking about the difference in Faith and Sight. It was saying that Faith is something you have when you can't see. Some people confuse sight with faith. She had this quote in her book: "Sight says, "I see that this is good so God must have sent it to me." BUT FAITH SAYS, "God sent this to me so it MUST be good for me!""


God sent me this baby so no matter what, I know it's good for me!! And I already love this little one more then I could imagine, regardless of it's sex.

My friend Stephanie is scanning me tomorrow so hopefully I'll know 100% then. Either way I am excited that all is well.

I know Price would love having a little brother, because Let's Face It: I am not going to be playing in the mud nor will I EVER touch a bug voluntarily!! He will have someone to do all those "Boy" things with! And, I am sure it will be nice being QUEEN OF THE HOUSE with all my boys!


There's always next time.....RIGHT?!? Besides, Josh and I make precious boys!! :)

I'll post the final results tomorrow!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ash... you have such a good attitude and summed it up just perfectly. I need to think about those words from your Bible Study in my own life. Just remember what I told you about boy moms. :) You are such a diva. :)

Ashley W. said...

Price is so cute with his hat on. I cannot beleive another boy, everybody is having boys, Kelli just found out she is having another boy too. I am the same way I reaaly would love to have a girl, but I am fine either way I keep telling myself that it can't get much better than Peyton so why wouldn't want another little boy. Let us knoe the final results!

Cate, Hank, Brady & Owen said...

Boys are awesome! And there's something about a little boy and his mama!

Anonymous said...

Yes, you definitely won't have to worry about ever touching a bug. I thought that was funny!! I am glad to hear you're in good spirits!! I am looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!! ~Suz

amyop said...

Price looks so grown up! It is a good thing that you are pregnant again! We miss you guys! Can't wait to see you Sunday!