Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just a little update!!

Price is doing better. I have implemented a paddle that I use on his hand when he is misbehaving. So far....so good! I have also borrowed James Dobson's book, "The New Strong Willed Child" from the Lexington County Library. Hopefully it will help....I am already thru the first chapter and so far his experience with strong willed children stem from his dog, Siggie.....Not sure that is much of a comparison, but we'll see. James Dobson is a well established Christian writer so I have faith in him!

I have been working on Price trying to get him to eat a well balanced meal for a while now. He loves chicken tenders, french fries and spagetti but sometimes getting him to eat anything else is a challange. Price refuses to eat any vegtables except green beans. As of yesterday, Price has decided that he will now eat a small portion of veggies, IF and only IF he is bribed with Oreo cookies. He can pass up cake, ice cream, cartoons and much more to keep his veggie strike ongoing but once I introduced the Oreo's that went out the window. He makes some pretty nasty faces while chewing but oventually swallows and gets his Oreo!! I suppose I am counteracting the benefit of the veggies by giving him the Oreo but what the heck....He takes his multi-vitamin! :)







And Owen is doing great. We went for his 2 month check up last week and he was 13lbs. He is now usually sleeping thru the night, but occasionally he will wake up at 3:30am. He LOVES for people to talk to him and is always smiling! It's so precious. I tried to get a good picture of him smiling but he always gets distracted by the lights on my camera....
We went and had family church pictures made the other day and they got Fabulous pictures of Owen smiling. When I get them back I will scan them so I can share them with everyone.




This was Owen's first Sunday at church. I forgot to take my camera in to get a picture with him and his teachers so I just took one of him in his outfit once we got home!

Owen loves to look up at the mirror above him in his swing and watch the birds and butterflies on the mobile.

I can't belive how fast they are both growing up. My sweet babies.....

7 comments:

The Newton's said...

I know exactly what you mean with the veggies. Jayce eats want he wants to....but he doesn't really eat much of anything. I do get him to eat a green bean or maybe an apple, but other than that he is a FF Donald's (that's Jayce's code for McDonald's) kind of guy. But hey, aren't we all. I figure "they'll grow out of it" at least that what I keep hoping about a lot of things (mainly behavior!)

Angie said...

Too precious! I can't believe Owen is 13 lbs! Tyler just hit 14 at 4 months!! Beautiful, beautiful boys!

Emily Wallace said...

That is great! What vitamins do yo give Price? Jackson needs to get on some asap.

Bobbi said...

Lucas has ice cream every night after dinner just to get him to eat a well balance diet. LOve the pictures with the oreos! I can't believe how big owen is getting. He is looking more like you!

amyop said...

I love the updated picture of Owen! He is getting so big!

Lindsay Adams said...

Hey Ashley! I'm so glad you found my blog! I'm excited about being able to keep up with you guys now. Price and Owen are so adorable. Although it sounds like you've got your hands full with Price!!! Tell Josh that Brian and I said hello!

Lindsay

Rhetta said...

Glad to hear that Price is back on track. They are really going up. so good looking!