Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Good Ol' Rocky Top!



This weekend the boys and I went with my mom and step-dad to Tennessee to visit my step-dad's family. We left on Thursday and drove to Gatlinburg and spent the night at this beautiful hotel called The Inn at Christmas Place. It was completly decorated for Chirstmas and Santa came to visit every morning and evening. My mom took Price to see Santa while I was in the shower and she said Price gave him a hug and a high-five.

Then on Friday we drove to Nashville and checked into the Opryland Hotel. The hotel was incredible. The boys and I had our own room that was conncected to Gigi and Papaws and our balcony looked out into the terrace. It has to be one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever seen. Inside it had a river that you could ride a boat thru, tons of waterfalls, shopping, lots or restaurants, and a lot of waterfalls and fountains. They even had a dancing fountain that Price loved. The first day we were there we walked almost 7 miles (Price included!) and still didn't get to see the entire hotel. On Saturday we went to a park and had a big cookout with Neal's family and then some of them came back to the hotel with us and spent the rest of the evening. Neal's neice, Leah Kate, and Price became great friends and enjoyed playing together most of the day Saturday. On Sunday we made the 8 hour drive home. It was exhausting but well worth the trip! Price and Owen were perfect angels! I couldn't have dreamed of better children. Gigi enjoyed spoiling Price and he got "birfday cake" or "ice tweam" every night (and whatever else he wanted...). It was a great vacation!! Thanks Gigi & Papaw!! WE LOVE YOU!!
If you'd like to see more photos then click here!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
Your boys are absolutely adorable! It's been so long since I have seen Price and Owen is looking like you more and more with every picture. I really enjoyed looking at the pics from Nashville. Hopefully I will make it by to see yall soon.
Paige

Peekaboos and Baby Coo's said...

Looks like yall had a great time. I want to go to that hotel!!!

rita and andy said...

Looks like loads of fun. We just might have to go to Nashville for a girls trip. The boys are adorable.

Rachel said...

Cute pics of the boys! Funny, I have been to that hotel in Nashville several times and it scares me! It is so big and so easy to get turned around and lost--but it is beautiful! Looks like fun and I cannot believe how big Owen is.

Amber and Matt said...

Santa already! That is a great pic of you and Price. The hotel sounds fabulous!

amyop said...

I love the picture of you and Price and the waterfall! I enjoyed all the others as well! The Icecream looked like a lot of fun! Glad you had a great time!

Cate, Hank, Brady & Owen said...

I've been to that hotel too, and I liked it except for the weird smell created by all that water and plants indoors...

Anonymous said...

Didn't you just love that hotel? I did. The pictures were great. Coming to see you real soon or we should all plan a dinner. I will call or email soon. Have a great week.

Oh and love the "O" t-shirt Owen has on. Too cute.
Ashley McSwain

Rhetta said...

I can't believe how big Owen is and Price, what a cutie! Miss you!!!