Thursday, February 5, 2009

Parenting!


I think I am turning into one of “those” moms.….The ones I used to roll my eyes at….. The ones I said I’d never be…..

The ones that don’t think it’s appropriate for a 2 year old to drink caffeinated drinks.

The ones who don’t want their children watching too much television.

The ones that try to feed their children semi-healthy food and not give them too much high fructose corn syrup. (Price still gets his fair share of sugary goodness, so don’t roll your eyes!)

The ones that don’t let their children skip a night of brushing teeth.

The ones that stick to a “semi-strict” nap routine. (I mean, there are some exceptions, right???)
The ones who rarely let their child stay up past bedtime.

You know the ones…..

Now, don’t get me wrong……Max and Ruby babysit Price occasionally. I know that having that on the tv will allow me to get some things done around the house. I’m not particularly proud of that, seeing as how I think Max causes some of Price’s discipline problems. (See, one of those moms who blames the tv for their childs misbehaviour!) I mean, WHERE IN THE HECK are Max’s parents and WHY doesn’t he listen when he’s told NOT to do something??
It’s Prices very favorite show, but I’m starting to think that I shouldn’t let him watch it often.

And what about the Mama Llama books? “Llama, Llama Mad at Mama” is missing the part where Little Llama goes home and gets a big spanking for throwing all those groceries out of the shopping cart!!

It makes me wonder, Does Price think it’s okay not to obey because Max doesn’t? Does Price think it’s okay to throw tantrums because Little Llama does it??

Maybe that’s putting too much thought into things …..... maybe.......

I’m really pretty laid back about most things, but this being a mom thing is hard….

7 comments:

Stacey said...

I am with you, Girl!! Whoever said it was easy has not been a Mommy!

Merritt Pace said...

You are so right...being a Mom is SO hard sometimes! Sam loves "Max and Ruby," too, and I agree that Max can be a bad influence. He is WAY too mischievous. I am glad that everything is well with Owen. Have a super weekend!

lindler5 said...

i have gotten a little bent out of shape with that little llama as well. and then that llama mama gives him ice cream? what's up with that?

Ashley W. said...

Peyton loves Max and Ruby, and I hate it becuase sometimes Peyton will look at me and and just say " CANDY, CANDY" one word and I know he is getting it from Max and Ruby. They really grate on my nervers but children love them!

Bobbi said...

Lucas loves max and ruby... I often wondered where the mom was, they do have a grandma. I am with you on these too... I never thought I would become "that" mom :o)
When I see women doing what I did.. I have thought about looking at them and saying you will me like me one day and laugh..

Ashley said...

It IS SO HARD!

Amanda said...

I know exactly what you mean! I am one of the those mom's too because it works for my child. But what's worse is family not following your wishes...like nap times, caffine, candy and so on! Oh my...I just blog about that! Ha! Miss you!