Wednesday, February 18, 2009

One day I'll laugh.....

This week has been pretty busy for us. Owen has a new found freedom and wants to explore EVERYWHERE. He can get on all fours and move like and inchbug, he also gets around rather fast by using the army crawl. It's keeping me on my toes, for sure!! Between him and Price, my days are pretty busy. No more of Owen sleeping all day....

On Monday, Owen proved just how much I have to keep my eye on him. We had our playgroup at a friends house who's daughter has one of those felt storyboards. Owen was in his carseat for a little while when I first got there and then I took him out to feed him his bottle.
He wouldn't really drink his bottle, which is unusual, so I sat him down at my feet. A few minutes later he began projectile vomiting (at least 3 feet in front of him). I jumped down to see what was going on and he looked like he was having a seizure. Then this red thing (that looked like his tongue) was hanging out and my friend Jennifer started screaming, "His Tongue, What's wrong with his tongue?" I started panicing and told her to call 9-1-1!! Then it fell out and we all screamed together. Turns out, apparently he got a hold of a red peice of felt and swallowed it! (It was rather large, as tall as my palm and almost as wide) I guess him vomiting like that was his body's way of getting it out. Since it was red, it did appear much more organ-like than a peice of felt! Once we realized everything was okay we told 9-1-1 we did not need their services anymore and I called my doctor to make sure that everything was okay. I was worried he may have swallowed more then one but I think one was his limit.
Once we calmed down, we did get a good chuckle out of thinking he threw up his tongue!! But now I have to keep my eye on this little fellow cause EVERYTHING goes in his mouth!!!

Then Price had a sucker yesterday....That is his ultimate potty-prize! He loves them! While the sucker is in his mouth, he decides he needs to go potty. He just goes without asking me. I hear him in the bathroom and run to make sure things are okay. Apparently he dropped his sucker in the toilet while pee-peeing and I caught him leaning over with his hand in the bottom of the toilet trying to get the sucker so he could finish eating it!! I refused to reach in there and pull it out so I just flushed the toilet. Price screamed for his sucker while I scrubbed his hands clean!
If I had not heard him, he would have put that sucker straight in his mouth after being in the toilet!! I guess then it would have literally been a "potty prize"!! :) In Price's favorite words, "EWWWWWW..............YUUUCKYYY!"

11 comments:

Ashley W. said...

Did you ever think your life would be so crazy??? Funny story! I would have freaked out too!

A Little Extra Love said...

Okay, thanks for my laugh for the day!!!

Micah said...

okay, I am laughing out loud, but totally feel your pain!!! I am sure the tongue swallowing thing was really scary!!!

lindler5 said...

how many times do i have to say it?

price & anna louise. it will be no surprise when they end up together!

Merritt Pace said...

Your stories are so funny!!! Have a super week!

Peekaboos and Baby Coo's said...

Too funny! I know this was scary though.

TeamStutts said...

I'm sure you were scared to death! But now that it's over...I couldn't stop laughing! I just kept picturing you screaming he threw up his tounge! Hahaha. Hind sight is 20/20 so I hope it's okay we laugh now. Then, I probably would have totally freaked!

Angie said...

And you want to have a sweet little girl and throw her in with yucky boys :-) You have to admit though, boys keep you laughing. Tyler loves playing in the toilet so he would totally pull a sucker out of the toilet. Fun, Fun!

amyop said...

You do have your hands full! Good thing you guys figured out what was in Owen's mouth! That was super scary!!! Can't wait to see you this weekend! Much Love!

The Newton's said...

I'm not laughing but I am....that sounds just like Jayce with the potty. Jayce thinks if he doesn't touch his pee pee when pottying then he doesn't have to wash his hands. I am sure you had to get him another sucker. Jayce would've had a fit for his sucker.

Rhetta said...

That is the funniest thing I've heard all week!