Sunday, June 8, 2008

Friends are a Blessing




Thursday night my three friends, Kelly, Emilie and Betsy, asked if we could get together to celebrate Betsy and Emilie finishing another year of teaching. Of course I gladly accepted as I hate to cook dinner anyway and alway look for an excuse for some girl time!!
Little did I know, they had something up their sleeve's....
I had told everyone I didn't want any baby showers because I feel like I had such an abundance for Price that there was nothing more I could possibly need for Owen.
Well, They were having none of that. When I arrived at California Dreaming I found balloons along with my very special Sunday School friends all gathered together to surprise me with a Dinner & Diapers shower. How blessed I am to have these WONDERFUL ladies in my life. I was overwhelmed with emotion as I walked up to the table and saw them. I couldn't help but cry a few tears....They are so dear to me and I hope each of you know what a blessing you are to my life!!
Since it was a surprise, I did not have my camera but luckily Bets did so I will post the pictures as soon as I get them! :) THANKS TO EVERYONE!!

8 comments:

rita and andy said...

Friends are a blessing. I am sure the diapers will be put to good use! I can't wait to meet Owen on one of my trips to Columbia.

Rhetta said...

That was so nice of your SS class to do that for you. Tell them I said thank you for showing me up! ;-) I'm so glad that you have such great friends in Columbia taking care of you! Miss and love you!!!

A Little Extra Love said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Little Extra Love said...

That cake is adorable and I just had to laugh at the liquor store in the background of that one picture. Best of luck in your last month.

Angie said...

You make me sick. You are so darn cute pregnant! I'm envious!

Kristy Huffstetler said...

That's Awesome!!! I only wish your other friends could have had our info, cause I would have loved to be in on the diaper shower! I'm so excited that Owen will be here soon even though I can't believe it! I will be on vacation that week so Ava and I will have to come see you when we get back. OMG(ha) the second pregnancy does go by sooo fast!

The Newton's said...

Hey-are you out of town, sick, or what! I have never seen you take this long to update your blog. Are you super busy getting ready for #2?

The Newton's said...

Hey-are you out of town, sick, or what! I have never seen you take this long to update your blog. Are you super busy getting ready for #2?