Thursday, April 24, 2008

Happy Anniversary


Three years ago yesterday was one of the best days of my entire life!! (Second only to Price's birth, and soon Owens!) My wedding day was absolutely the most perfect day of my life! I am so blessed to have married such a wonderful man! He is definitely the greatest man I know! He works hard to provide for our family, he loves the Lord, he's honest, handsome, athletic, smart, funny and most of all he's a great father! I thank God for having Josh in my life everyday! I am not deserving, but I am sure thankful!
Josh got off a little early from work yesterday and we went to visit our new nephew, Landon, at the hospital, then went to dinner at Longhorn's. Price was especially good for us so I guess that was his present to us!
Josh and I always do traditional wedding gifts each year and this year was leather. I think it's fun to see what Josh comes up with for our anniversary gifts and I always try to put a lot of thought into his.
The first year was paper, and he got me a certificate of Walt Disney Stock framed with a plaque that had "Happy First Year Anniversary" Engraved on it with the date.
I got him a baseball print of Babe Ruth from the Bombay Company.
The second year was cotton and he got me some 1000 thread count sheets and I got him and autographed Roger Clemens baseball cap, only to realize that real baseball caps are made of wool and not cotton....oops!!
So for the third year I kept up with my baseball theme and got him an autographed Ray Tanner baseball. (I'm sure he was hoping for a pro autograph but that just wasn't in my budget!) Josh got me a leather Coach purse this year!! If you know Josh, then you know that is just not like my sweet, frugile husband. Josh likes to keep his money in the bank and I would have never thought he would have splurged on such a luxury item but I am more then thankful!! I wasn't even sure he knew what Coach was!! HA!!
Well, I'll say it again......I am so very blessed with such a loving, sweet, thoughtful husband and I am so thankful for all he does for our family!! I hope to share at least 100 more anniversaries together!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it has been four years. WOW! Time flys. Congratulations and I can't wait to see the new Coach purse. That was such a thoughtful gift. I know how you love Coach purses.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it has been four years. WOW! Time flys. Congratulations and I can't wait to see the new Coach purse. That was such a thoughtful gift. I know how you love Coach purses.

Angie said...

Wow! You are kissing up to Josh big time.....you trying to get a new car or something?

Rhetta said...

That was so sweet of you to write that about Josh. I will make sure not to show Ed this post though!! Except the Coach purse part ;-)

A Little Extra Love said...

Richard and I do the same thing for our anniversary. Last year, was the first year we didn't, it was a hard one to figure out and I was way too pregnant to put much thought and energy into it! I let him know I loved him very much though;) Our leather year we bought new couches for our den:) I will have to check and see what 5 yrs. is...will have to get the brain working again....seeing as how I don't have the pregnancy excuse this year:)
Happy Anniversary!

Cate, Hank, Brady & Owen said...

Happy Anniversary! I'll be Josh has been just waiting for the leather year so he could surprise you with a purse!

Ashley W. said...

Happy Anniversary Ash!

Ashley W. said...

Happy Anniversary Ash!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you finally got your coach. You've only been asking Josh for one since Christmas, so I'm finally glad he spluged and got you one. You look so good in those pictures - you're such a cute pregnant girl. Tell Courtney I said Congrats and Landon is a very pretty baby.
Love ya,
Suz

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
You and Josh are such a cute couple! :o)

Leslie Spradley said...

Happpy Anniversary!

Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the idea of giving traditional gifts.

Anonymous said...

That was too sweet! I hope you are doing well! :) Take care~