Monday, April 7, 2008

Price's little "Quirks"

Recently Price has become very picky about certain things and become attached to odd things as well. For instance he has a weird attachment to my keys and must carry my spare set of keys with him throughout the house and the entire time we are in the car. He loves to attempt to open all doors with the keys and sticks them in anything they will fit in. This has been going on for close to 2 months. Most babies love their stuffed animals but mine loves my keys.

Next, I went and got his foot measured for new shoes and he is a 7 2XW (Yes, Double extra wide!!). Price has such a wide foot that I have to special order most of his shoes. Luckily, Stride Rite had a pair of sandals in for the summer that fit him. He won't let me take them off. He loves wearing them and wants me to put them on as soon as we get out of the bath tub and the picture is him after I told him we need to take his shoes off.


Then, yesterday morning he pitched the biggest fit because I tried to put him in a Huggies Diaper instead of his usual Pampers. His reasoning was "NO Dicky Douse" put "Melmo on"!

Apparently he doesn't like that Huggies have Mickey Mouse on them (even though that is his fav) and wanted Pampers because they have Elmo on them. I literally had to pop him to get him to let me put on his diaper. I bought an entire case of Huggies from Sams and they are not about to get wasted!! (Trying to save a little since it's apparent I'll have 2 in diapers at the same time!)
Now, every time I change his diaper he screams "MELMO" while crying at the top of his lungs! I used to think children only got upset over reasonable things....boy, was I wrong!!

Price is definitely a hard headed little man, and unfortunately I think he gets that from me. I sure hope there isn't any stubbornness left for Owen. I don't know if I can take another strong willed little boy! :)

12 comments:

Amber and Matt said...

His picture is so cute, but I know we weren't there when all of the fussing was going on. Hopefully he'll get through those phases soon!

Leslie Spradley said...

How adorable he wants to pick his diaper! Isn't it funny how they act about stuff like that?!?! And, the sandals, CUTE!! Trent wore those last summer too! He has a fat foot and those were the only decent ones I could find!! Love some stride rite!!

Bobbi said...

yes welcome to the world of 2xw feet. Lucas has to wear them too! Still. We get his lately off of Shoebuy.com. They sometimes have them cheaper

A Little Extra Love said...

I am going to have to start calling you as Riley gets older. We can already see his stubborn ways shining through and we are only at the 8 mo. mark! Hope you are doing well!

Cate, Hank, Brady & Owen said...

That photo is great - I'm sure he has many more quirks to reveal to you as he gets older...

Ashley W. said...

I know the feeling, I have a very stong willed one too. Peyton is very determened and also very particular about certain things get used to it I am still dealing wiht it and he is three.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Rhetta said...

That is one of my fav pics of Price...I have seen that face before from his mommy! Love you!

amyop said...

I love that we have so many friends that can realate! I love that he loves Elmo that much! I know it's not so cute to you when you have spent the money on diapers but It is still cute! That is great that he likes shoes most kids don't!

Anonymous said...

I just busted out laughing at that picture of him - too funny! He is so cute but I know you don't think so when he pitches a fit over his shoes or diaper. I can't wait to see that little man sometime soon. You're doing an awesome job as Mom by the way!!! Have a great day! Love, Suz

Angie said...

Love the new look on your blog! And this post had me cracking up. My child won't be that stubborn ;-) HA!!!! I am going to be calling you all the time for advice! You're such a good mommy.

Leslie Spradley said...

LOVE your blog update and the your header picture, sooo cute!!