Friday, April 4, 2008

So much exciting news!!

I found out the week before last that 5 of my friends are expecting babies. It was definitly the week for me to get good news!! Congrats to Jill, Maria, Rhetta, Cori & Jennifer!
Jill and Maria I know from Church!

Rhetta is one of my best friends from High School. We have been friends since the 7th grade. I am so excited to get to share in her pregnancy with her. Her due date is the middle of November.

Cori is my cousin-in-law and she is due in October and Jennifer, my sister in law, is due in early November. I am so excited to have more cousins for Price & Owen. Jennifer has a little girl, Taylor, who is Price's age and they are best buds. I am sure that all the new ones will be best friends as well.

As if that wasn't enough exciting news.......One of my Best Friends got engaged this past weeked! Suzanne and Dave will be getting married on August 23rd! I am so excited for her. Suzanne was my college and post-college roommate! She has been such a special friend to me for so many years and she was my biggest help when planning my wedding so I owe her bigtime. Let's just hope I can fit into that bridesmaids dress....I am already putting Owen on a diet! 2008 is turning out to be such a fabulous year! I am looking forward to so many special days!!! I am blessed with so many special friends and I am excited to be a part of each of your milestones!



And since I don't have any updated pictures to share, I'll share my egg cakes that I made for Easter. Josh's grandmother has been helping me improve my baking skills and we had a cake decorating night for me to make cakes for some friends. Suz, I know your proud!! :)






And yes, I did have a little help on the flowers and leaves but I did the rest all by myself!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOUR CAKES LOOK GREAT!!!! What a cute idea. How did you manage the egg shape?
Laura

Misty said...

ok- I guess you are trying to tell me that you will be making the cupcakes for preschool next year? You have some mad decorating skills! I'll come over and drink wine...I mean watch you next year!

Amanda said...

What an AWESOME job you did on your cakes!

Rachel said...

The cakes look great! Are you up for making an Elmo birthday cake??lol!

Amber and Matt said...

That is so great to hear about Rhetta and Suzanne! I was wondering when Rhetta would have a little one coming along and I would have expected Suzanne to have engagement news this year. It was about time for both of them. ;-)

Great job on the cakes, too!

rita and andy said...

I love your cakes. I am very impressed!

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed with your cake decorating skills, those cakes turned out so cute!! Maybe I'll just use you for my wedding cake, haha!! Thanks for all your support Saturday!! Love you,
Suz

Cate, Hank, Brady & Owen said...

Hooray! Now it's cool to say all your friends are knocked up! Just kidding... and I love the Easter cakes. Maybe you can teach a class or something?

Ashley W. said...

The cakes are so cute, I am so excited for Suzanne!

Angie said...

You're turning into Martha Stewart! Such exciting news about the babies. Now Rhetta is going to have to start a blog so we can keep up with her!

Rhetta said...

WOW! I am very impressed with the eggs...Too cool! Maybe I too can become a domestic goddess!

Leslie Spradley said...

LOVE the cakes too!

Ashley said...

BEAUTIFUL CAKES!