Monday, March 2, 2009

More Dresses

Have I vacuumed my carpets, mopped my floors, dusted my house, done laundry or cleaned the bathrooms in the past week? NOPE!!

But I HAVE made 4 dresses, gone to 4 birthday parties and 2 showers, 1 supper club and made an Italian cream cake all in one week! That has to count for something, right!?!

Luckily, my husband doesn't mind the mess. He likes that I have a new hobby that I enjoy doing.....and it doesn't cost much at all!

I made 2 more pillowcase dresses last week, and then moved on to my first A-line.



I did this one thinking that those patterns would look good together but it looks too busy, I should have done a solid at the bottom.........I guess you learn as you go.
Then I made this smaller version of the first dress I made. I used the leftover fabric. That means that I can make 2 dresses, one size 3 and one size 1, for $5.00 (If you go to Hobby Lobby for your fabric, anyway!)
Here are the dresses together. Cute huh?

Since the pillowcase dresses turned out so good, I went to creative sewing and got an A-line Pattern and did this dress. It's actually reversible, but I used a thin broadcloth for the reverse side and you can see thru it. I'll have to get a thicker fabric for next time.

I must catch up my house this week but hopefully I'll have time for some more dresses. I have already bought so much cute fabric!!
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute!!
Erica in SC

Susan said...

Ashley- these are beautiful! I wish I had some girls that I could buy them for. How awesome. I guess you have a sewing machine? So impressive.

Mandy said...

So cute!!

Leslie Spradley said...

Those dresses are SUPER cute!!! I Love absoutely LOVE the first one! Can you make one in a girls size 7/8?

Amber and Matt said...

Ashley, they are really cute! So, who are you making these dresses for anyway? Practicing for your future little girl? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ash: These are seriously too cute. Let's get together soon and I will show your how to make my cookies... hahaha just kidding and you can teach me dress making. I love them for real... this is a real talent. Get your business plan ready girlie. :)

Bobbi said...

They are cute. Josh better hold on if you have a girl :o). Ive made a few for abby. It's hard to stop once you get started!

Connie said...

sewing is addicting isn't it?

Peekaboos and Baby Coo's said...

I am jealous! I need to learn. They are all so cute.

amyop said...

I love the one at the top. Save it for me I think they go great together! Angie, Amanda and I are all planing on going to the Tot Trade Friday morning!

Lindsay Adams said...

WOW!!!! Ashley, I'm so impressed. Those dresses are adorable! If I had a little girl, I would DEFINITELY be buying some. I'm inspired to start sewing!

The Newton's said...

Ashley, I love them! Let me know when they are on sale...I want to buy some!

Anonymous said...

You are really talented! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Are you selling these dresses? I would really like one if you are. Let me know.

Abarton009@aol.com