Thursday, November 13, 2008

Big Boy Underwear!!


This upcoming Monday, Price will no longer have the luxury of peeing in his pants and being comforted by it's warmth!

I am going to get this boy potty trained if it kills me!! He does really well with peeing in the potty as long as I remind him. He refuses to tell me he needs to pee unless it's RIGHT before nap or bed time. Then he just HAS to pee-pee in the potty because he knows it prolongs the inevitable.

Soooooo yesterday I took the boys to Target and Price got to pick out his very own BIG BOY PANTS!! He chose Mickey Mouse! I made a huge deal out of his new underwear and explained to him that only boys who pee-pee in the potty get to wear theses super awesome Mickey Mouse underwear. He came home begging to put them on.......but.......they needed washing first. And since I am going out of town this weekend, I thought it would be best to begin this on Monday when we can start somewhat of a potty routine. ( I will be keeping the diapers on for naps and night time in the beginning.......I'm not that ambitious!)
I know this is going to be very difficult for me because having to clean up pee-pee from everything is going to make me insane, but I am hoping he'll get the hang of it fast so accidents will be minimal.

It's the poo that I'm really concerned about because so far he hasn't accomplished that in the toilet yet! Oh, the joys of Motherhood!
Wish me luck and add my patience to your prayer lists!! :)

6 comments:

Merritt Pace said...

Oh, Ashley, what fun you have ahead of you!! I had a REALLY hard time potty training Sam. Everyone says that boys are hard...I don't know. Just keep being persistent, and it will work!! Keep lots of toilet bowl cleaner on hand...you'll need it! Good luck!

Angie said...

You know, we used to have lives. We used to talk about going out, what clothes to wear, which guys are cute, should I get my hair highlighted, etc. Now we talk/blog about poops and pee pees. Who would have thought :-)

Love the big boy underwear!!!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Ashley! It is hard at times, but the rewards are so worth it. I set a kitchen timer and when it rang we went to the potty. As time went by the intervals became farther apart. It worked great. The girls would call it the pee pee timer. :) Little pottys out in public are great. Like in the food court bathrooms. Choose the family bathroom so you can push in the stroller and he can use the little potty. See ya next week at preschool pick up. Sarah Paynter

Rhetta said...

Good luck with the poop/pee pee training and take good notes for me :-)

Amber and Matt said...

I'm sure he'll appreciate this picture and post later in his high school dating days. ;-)

Good luck with the potty training!

Leslie Spradley said...

You might want to buy MORE undies, b/c the first time he poops in them, you will want to trash them!! LOL! We went through that and trashed like 6 or more pairs until finally he didn't poop (or pee) in them again! Good luck and just try and keep your patience (you're gonna need it)!