Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Twactors"

My friend, Cate, used to work for Blanchard Caterpillar and asked if Price and I would like to join her and her son, Brady, for a few VIP tractor rides. Of course, I knew Price would be thrilled, as his greatest joy is to point out every single tractor while driving down the road: "Twactor!! Twactor, Mama!!"

I told him about riding the tractors on Thursday and for the next 24 hours he reminded me that I had told him we would "wide twactors" about every 30 mins. When he woke up Friday morning he said the word "twactor" about 50 times before we pulled into the parking lot.

I was so excited to see his little face light up when we walked towards all of the big machinery.
He was running to get to get to the tractors, but once we got close, he became a little skeptical. We got him on the first tractor (a front loader, I believe), buckled him in and as it began moving he panic ed a little. Down he comes...........never to ride a CAT tractor for the rest of the day. Mr. Bob pulled out several tractors and we got to watch Brady enjoy riding them but not Price. As the tractor pulled off he said he would ride it next, but as it approached again he said "No wide twactor, Mama!" It's the first thing I've ever known him to be scared of. I can only assume it was the size of the tractors that intimidated him. They were rather large!

He still got an up close and personal look at all the big tractors and he really enjoyed that!

Thanks so much Cate & Brady for inviting us! We had a wonderful time!


Price on his first attempt at riding


Price sitting with Cate for some photo opps!



Brady beside one of the tractor tires!

Checkin things out!

When we were pulling out Price said, "Bye, Bye Twactors!"

2 comments:

Rhetta said...

These are the little moments that make me miss home. Glad you both had a nice field trip! Love the new family photo too.

Peekaboos and Baby Coo's said...

So cute. That tractor was really big, no wonder he was scared.