Thursday, July 17, 2008

Oh, What a week.....





There are so many things I should be catching up on right now but the only thing I want to do is update my blog and catch up on everyone elses blog! Forget the laundry, dishes, vacuuming, making my bed.......the list goes on.......

Anyway, the reason I am so behind on these chores would be because Sunday night I got a fever of 101.7. When I woke up at 5am on Monday it had risen to 103.8 degrees. Let me just tell you,if you've never experienced that high of a temp........well, you don't want too - I promise!! I was sure I was dying....I just kept praying "Lord, please don't take me from my boys.......they need their mama!!"

Josh called his mother and she came over here with Taylor to watch the babies while Josh drove me to the doctor. Turns out it was mastitis. How could something so minor make you so incredibly sick?? I was down and out. I couldn't hardly lift my head. Well while my MIL was watching Price, she informed me that he was throwing up and had a stomach bug. I was too sick to worry about it, luckily she took care of him the rest of the day. (By the next day my MIL, Taylor and my SIL also had the stomach bug!) My mother came that afternoon and spent the night and then stayed with me Tuesday. Tuesday afternoon I felt much better so I sent my mom home. Tuesday night I get the stomach bug and I had to call my step mom to get my children on Wednesday because I couldn't take care of them. Today I feel much better but called to check on my mom and guess what?? Yes, she has it too!!
I guess since last week was so great something was bound to go wrong!!
Sorry to all those who were coming over to visit or bring dinner......better I canceled then you get sick too!! :)

Thanks to everyone who helped us out this week and sorry you all got sick. So far Sandi, my step-mom, doesn't have it but it's bound to get her too!!

I am so blessed to have so much help around me. I can't imagine doing this without the help of my family.

10 comments:

Rhetta said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Take care of yourself.Love you!

DeAnn Tiller said...

I hate that you all have been sick! I hope you are all better! Price and Owen are so, so cute! Take care of yourself and those precious boys!

lindler5 said...

mastitis. i remember that ALL too well. glad to know the family is now on the mend!

Leslie Spradley said...

Glad you're better. Geoff & I had it too, but ours I think was from bad hamburger meat, yuck! Trent had it yesterday and this a.m. Luckily, Emma hasn't, YET!

The Newton's said...

Oh my gosh! That exact same thing happened to us when we brought Jayce home. I think you get the bug at the hospital. Then I got Mastitis. I thought I was DYING too! A little antibiotics and rest and you feel alive again. My family got sick while keeping Jayce....I remember it all too well. I just kept thinking if everyone gets sick who will care for Jayce....luckily I got better in a few days...Glad you're all better. The boys are so precious.

Bobbi said...

I'm glad you feel better. I hope it doesn't happen in my house :o(
I can't believe how big Price it getting. Owen is a cutie just like price!

amyop said...

Aww... I hate that you felt so bad. Your week sounded like mine with Griffin. Mastitis is the worst! I am glad you had so much help! I will come and visit soon I promise!

Ashley W. said...

I hate you have been sick, I am glad that you are feeling better. Your boys are precious!

The Newton's said...

I love the new pic of the boys. It is too prec!

Anonymous said...

Hope everyone is feeling better! I had mastitis twice with Claudia, so I feel for you!!