Saturday, February 5, 2011

Update on O

Josh and I took Owen to MUSC yesterday to meet with Dr. Meyer about Owen's ear. I am thankful that we were sent to Dr. Meyer because I definitely think he is the most knowledgeable, proactive doctor we have dealt with concerning Owen.
Apparently Owen's total hearing loss in his ear is very uncommon and he wants to do his best to find out what happened before deciding how to treat.
They will be doing a MRI on the 21st of Feb to rule out the chance that a tumor may be sitting on his nerve and causing it not to work.
Obviously this causes us great concern but we are trying hard not to worry until there is actually a reason to worry.
I do ask that you please remember Owen in your prayers and please, specifically, pray for a clear MRI.
We will go back for a follow up on the 28th but I am hoping they will notify me of results before then. I will keep everyone updated on the results.
We will be leaving for Disney World on Friday and look forward to spending an exciting week together with the boys and Gigi and Papaw! If I haven't already filled up your prayer list, then please add safe travels to it as well! :)

2 comments:

lacey said...

Glad to hear you found a doctor for Owen. Praying for all good news and that he guides you in the right direction for treatment.

Also, I just wanted to let you know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers and most definitely in my heart over the past week. I am so inspired by you faith and strength!

And lastly....I hope you all have a FABULOUS time at Disney...y'all certainly deserve it!!

Love and miss ya!!
lacey

amyop said...

I am so glad that you are taking him to MUSC! That is a second home to Jv and I and any doctor that we have come in contact to has been amazing and have always shown us love and support. Jv and I will be praying for Owen. I will be claming that it will all work out.
This verse always seems to help me through the unknown. It is one of my favorites.I hope you don't mind me sharing... Mark 11:24 "Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you will recieve it, and it will be yours." Know that we are praying and please keep us posted! Much love! I will see you in a couple of weeks. Have fun on your trip!